STANDARDIZATION OF CONTROLS FOR UNDERGROUND ELECTRIC FACE EQUIPMENT. APPENDIX 3. RAILED PERSONNEL CARRIERS
The appendix includes recommendations for the standardization of controls on railed personnel carriers and is intended to be used in conjunction with the Final Report (BuMines OFR 45(1)-75; PB-242 562). The primary purpose of the effort was to apply modern human engineering technology to reduce human error and accidents associated with the on-site operation of railed personnel carriers.
- See also Appendix 2, PB-242 563.
Applied Science Associates, IncorporatedValencia, PA United States
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC United States 20241
- Krause, J R
- Hedling, W G
- Publication Date: 1974-12-16
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal mining; Control devices; Design; Excavating equipment; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Locomotives; Mine cars; Mine haulage; Mining; Passenger vehicles; Safety; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive controls; Mining equipment; Underground mining
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-OFR-45(4)-75Res Rept.
- Contract Numbers: H0230021
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM