REPORT OF THE ADVISORY PANEL ON SHIP OPERATIONS
The Advisory Panel on Ship Operations was formed to assist the Maritime Research Advisory Committee in determining the most profitable short- and long-range research objectives of the Maritime Administration, translating these objectives into specific suggestions for research and development indicating relative importance and priorities, and delineating methods by which this research and development can be effectively carried out. The panel is primarily concerned with communications, navigation, personnel, and management. This report provides discussions and recommendations for merchant ship operations in the following areas: navigation, propulsion, charting, personnel, vessel maneuverability, human engineering, search and rescue, harbor and coastal surveillance, mechanization and automation, statutory and regulatory items, and expediting.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-3-AP.
National Academy of SciencesMaritime Research Advisory Committee
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1960-2-15
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Management; Personnel management; Research management; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: R and d priorities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00026277
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM