NORTHERN GREAT PLAINS RESOURCE PROGRAM, MINERAL RESOURCES WORK GROUP REPORT
The report discusses coal development, resources, legislation, chemistry, current and potential coal mining methods, effects of surface and underground mining, and constraints to increased coal production. The noncoal mineral resources within the Northern Great Plains are discussed and conclusions and recommendations for areas of additional investigation are listed.
- Prepared in cooperation with Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., and Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C. See also PB-243 150 and PB-243 152.
Northern Great Plains Resource ProgramDenver, CO USA
Department of Agriculture1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
Department of the Interior1849 C Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20240
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 225 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal mining; Coal resources; Demand; Electric power generation; Electric power plants; Electric utilities; Energy conservation; Energy resources; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Gases; Iron; Leasing; Lignite; Location; Mineral deposits; Mining; Natural gas; Natural resources; Petroleum; Property acquisition; Synthesis (Chemistry); Uranium
- Uncontrolled Terms: Acquisition
- Geographic Terms: North Dakota; South Dakota
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel sources; Manufactured gas; Surface mining; Synthesis gas; Underground mining
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00092735
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NGPRP/CD-74/300
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM