NORTHERN GREAT PLAINS RESOURCE PROGRAM, NATIONAL AND REGIONAL ENERGY CONSIDERATIONS WORK GROUP REPORT
This analyzes the energy resources in the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming and presents data on the potential for these resources to provide a share of the total national energy demand. Analyses in the following seven principle areas are presented: (1) Status of current development; (2) Energy use forecasts by region, state, sector and source; (3) Energy conservation; (4) Coal gasification and coal liquidfaction; (5) Transportation of energy from the region; (6) Electrical generation; (7) Status of technology; and (8) Future alternated energy sources. Data are also presented on three alternative hypothetical rates of coal development; minimum, intermediate and maximum rates.
- Prepared in cooperation with Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., and Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C. See also PB-243 154, and PB-243 156.
Northern Great Plains Resource ProgramDenver, CO United States
Department of Agriculture1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20250
Department of the Interior1849 C Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20240
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 563 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal gasification; Coal liquefaction; Coal resources; Commercial buildings; Conservation; Crude oil; Demand; Development; Dwellings; Electric power; Electric power generation; Electric power plants; Electric power supply; Electric utilities; Electricity; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Gasification; Hydroelectric power generation; Industrial plants; Industries; Lignite; Liquefaction; Natural gas; Natural resources; Nuclear power generation; Petroleum; Technology; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power demand; Fuel sources; Manufactured gas
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092734
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NGPRP/CD-74/600
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM