PROPOSED PROGRAM FOR MARITIME ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH VOLUME 2: CONTRIBUTING STUDIES
This volume contains ten reports related to the study of a proposed Maritime Administration research program. The reports cover: 1) basic research; 2) the role of the U.S. Merchant Marine in national security; 3) port facilities research; 4) ship operations research; 5) future requirements for ocean transport; 6) methods of implementation of Maritime Administration research; 7) technical research suitable for the Maritime Administration; 8) the organization of maritime research in the United Kingdom; 9) thoughts on the management of applied research and development; and 10) lessons from history.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number MA-PROG-Vol-2. See MRIS-026273, Vol. 1.
National Academy of SciencesMaritime Research Advisory Committee
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1960
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 286 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Development; Economics; Port operations; Ports; Research management; Ship operations; Shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: R and d priorities; Shipping economics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00026274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-1767
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM