FIRST REPORT ON STATUS AND PROGRESS OF NOISE RESEARCH AND CONTROL PROGRAMS IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. VOLUME 1: REPORT ON STATUS AND PROGRESS
Issued in compliance with Section 4(c)(3) of the Noise Control Act of 1972 (PL 92-574), this report describes Federal noise control and research activities and establishes a baseline of agency program information that may be used in subsequent years to assess progress in the Federal Government's noise control efforts. Thirty-nine Federal agencies were requested to submit information on their noise related activities to EPA. Volume I of the report contains a summary and assessment of reported activities which are described both by agency and by the following functional areas: noise standards and regulations, noise abatement, hearing conservation, technical assistance, and research.
- See also Volume 2, PB-243 448.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 254 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Assessments; Development; Engines; Environment; Environmental engineering; Environmental impacts; Gears; Health hazards; Human factors; Motors; Noise; Noise control; Policy; Regulations; Research; Standards
- Identifier Terms: Noise Control Act of 1972
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Gear noise; Government policies; Motor noise; Noise effect on health; Noise sound
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Finance; Law; Policy; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092651
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/550/9-75/023-V1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM