INTRODUCTION TO AIR CUSHION VEHICLES
Basic ACV principles, types of cushions and propulsion systems, physical and operational characteristics, capabilities and applications are discussed and work capacity and cost compared with other transport modes. Diagram, graphs and photo illustrate operation.
- Presented at ASAE 67th Annual Meeting, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, June 23-26, 1974 and the Winter Meeting, Chicago, Ill., December 10-13, 1974.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI United States 49085
- Abele, G
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Intelligent transportation systems; Propulsion; Suspension systems; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-1551 Proc Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM