NS SAVANNAH FUEL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. NS SAVANNAH PROTOTYPE FUEL ASSEMBLY TENSILE AND COMPRESSIVE LOADING TESTS
The results of tensile and compressive tests performed at room temperature on a dummy N.S. Savannah prototype Core 2 fuel assembly in a pre-irradiated condition showed conclusively that the assembly will withstand the two-thousand pound force associated with the refueling process of the assembly. The test equipment and layout and the test procedure and data are provided.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3445.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Cochran, R G
- Publication Date: 1960-5-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Loads; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Refueling; Tension tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Tensile test
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3445
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM