PETROLEUM MARKET SHARES. A PROGRESS REPORT ON THE RETAILING OF GASOLINE
The report is comprised of three major sections: data currently available from industry; data comparisons; and descriptions and rationale for an FEA market share monitoring program. The latter part of this report is a rationale and description of FEA's development of capabilities to monitor changes of both petroleum marketing and distribution. The objective is to provide an ongoing system that reliably measures market shares. Included in the text are discussions of: Previously reported data on gasoline sales; survey of nonbranded independent marketers; company direct sales and independent marketers; gasoline and diesel fuel; and other petroleum products.
Federal Energy AdministrationOffice of Energy Data Policy
Washington, DC USA 20461
- Publication Date: 1974-8-6
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Crude oil; Diesel fuels; Energy; Gasoline; Market share; Marketing; Monitoring; Motor fuels; Petroleum industry; Petroleum products; Physical distribution; Reports; Retail trade; Sales
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FEA/C-74/99
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM