TRANSPORTATION OF HIGH-LEVEL NUCLEAR WASTES
Recommendations are made by the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management of the National Research Council--National Academy of Sciences--National Academy of Engineering to Dr. R. C. Seamans, administrator of ERDA, on developing information on the characteristics of high-level solid radioactive wastes, on research programs to further develop transportable wastes and to determine the effects of such transport on the environment and the public, and on ensuring that transport containers are of the safest design and quality.
Energy Research and Development AdministrationDivision of Waste Management and Transportation
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Casks; Containers; Crashes; Design; Environment; Environmental impacts; Fabrication; Hazards; Human beings; Radiation hazards; Radioactive materials; Radioactive waste disposal; Radioactive wastes; Recommendations; Safety; Spent reactor fuels; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092626
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM