RESEARCH PROGRAM PLAN FOR MEETING TOMORROW'S NEEDS IN TUNNELING AND EXCAVATION
This report presents the results of a study performed by Bechtel Corporation for the National Science Foundation, Research Applied to National Needs (RANN). The purpose of the study is to develop a recommended long range research program plan in tunneling and excavation for RANN. The objective of the RANN tunneling and underground excavation research program is to achieve technological improvements that would enhance the quality of life in urban areas through more economic and effective utilization of the underground space.
- See also PB-242 742.
Bechtel Corporation50 Beale Street
San Francisco, CA USA 94119
National Science FoundationDivision of Advanced Technology Applications
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 357 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Construction; Construction equipment; Construction management; Construction projects; Development; Economics; Excavation and tunneling; Excavations; Improvements; Research; Research management; Research projects; Subways; Technology; Tunneling; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Economics; Highways; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00092596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/T-74-087 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C841
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM