DIAGNOSIS OF DIESEL ENGINE TROUBLES--CYLINDER CONDITION MONITORING SYSTEM
This paper deals with the new approach to developing a diagnosic methodology for monitoring the cylinder conditions of marine diesel engines while in operation as applied to a medium-speed, four-stroke diesel engine. The new monitoring system makes possible the diagnosis of the physical state of components around the combustion chamber, such as the fuel injection system and the gas-sealed parts while the engine is running. It also checks whether these components are operating normally and in case of any malfunctioning, identifies the nature of such malfunctioning as well as where it is occurring.
- This is a paper from the 3rd International Symposium held September 25-27, 1974. It is sponsored by Queen Mary College, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, London.
Intl Symp on Autom of Eng Test: Perf, Emiss & DiagLondon, England
- Iseki, Y
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 22 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Combustion chambers; Diagnostic tests; Diesel engines; Locomotives; Reliability; Tests; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine diagnostics; Diesel engine maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00127610
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM