DYNAMIC SLOSH INDUCED LOADS ON LIQUID CARGO TANK BULKHEADS
The dynamic loads from liquid sloshing in ship cargo tanks are discussed including a description of the types of sloshing phenomena and resulting pressures and forces that can occur in cargo tanks. A review of both experimental and theoretical studies for establishing resonant sloshing conditions and tank loading is given. Also, a review of recorded ship damages is presented along with recommended guidelines and criteria for designing liquid cargo tanks to withstand the dynamic loads attributable to liquid sloshing.
- Prepared for Panel HS-1 (HULL LOADING) of the Hull Structure Committee.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Bass, R L
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Liquid cargo handling; Sloshing; Stresses; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo tanks; Liquid containers; Tank stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: T&R Report R-19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1975 12:00AM