REACTOR INTERNALS CASUALTY ANALYSIS, NS SAVANNAH
Results of an analysis and evaluation of the casualties to which the reactor internals may be subjected are presented. Also, for the purpose of minimizing plant operational delays, recommendations are made for spare parts and materials, and special equipment and procedures. Included in the study were the various operations to which each internal component will be subjected after leaving the supplier's shop. The analysis was based upon: (1) the probability of casualties; (2) the extent of damage; (3) the possibility of affecting a repair; and (4) the recommended "insurance", e.g., spare parts and materials. The recommended "insurance" for each assembly is based upon a detailed analysis in addition to an overall evaluation of the relationships involved.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-SUP-6.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNew York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1960-2-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Loss and damage; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Nuclear reactors; Operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage assessment
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SUP-6
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM