FLUTTER INVESTIGATION OF A HIGH SPEED HYDROFOIL STRUT AND FOIL SYSTEM
A combination strut and hydrofoil system suitable for operation in cavitating flow was designed. The design was reproduced in a small-scale model and flutter tested. Projected results indicate that the design would be stable to at least 110 knots for one size prototype under certain flow conditions. Evaluation under other flow conditions must be performed to complete the investigation.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20084
- Besch, P K
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Flutter (Aeronautics); Flutter (Aeronautics); Hydrofoil boats; Hydrofoils; Struts
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating hydrofoils; Hydrofoil craft
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-584-03 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM