PREFAILURE EVALUATION TECHNIQUES FOR MARINE COATINGS
The success of a coating system is dependent on many things from surface condition to weather at the time of application. The only assurance of the quality of a coating system comes from monitoring and controlling the surface preparation, paint quality and application. A few application tests can be made to obtain limited assurance that the coating system will perform satisfactorily. This report provides the shipyards with the minimum practical tests and controls which should be implemented to insure a successful coating system.
- Report on the National Shipbuilding Research Program.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Rudlowski, G
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 257 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Paint; Protective coatings; Surface preparation
- Old TRIS Terms: Paint technology
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00127578
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-75072
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-36215
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM