TRAFFIC ASSIGNMENT, AUGUST 1973. METHODS, APPLICATIONS AND PRODUCTS
The guide has four major purposes: first to present the techniques currently available for estimating loads on a transportation network; second, to discuss operational decisions involved in applying traffic assigment techniques; third, to describe the uses for the traffic assigment procedure; and finally, to present an evaluation of the products of the assignment. The report will prove useful to transportation planning personnel and to administrators in Federal, State, and local government. In addition, the publication includes a significant bibliography of traffic assignment procedures and techniques.
Comsis Corporation8737 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; City planning; Estimating; Highway traffic; Highway transportation; Methodology; Networks; Regional planning; Routes; Traffic assignment; Traffic engineering; Traffic volume; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation networks; Transportation routes
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092497
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM