DEVELOPMENT OF URBAN TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEMS
Studies of urban traffic operations were conducted on the freeways of Houston as part of a research program to develop traffic surveillance, motorist communications and services, and traffic control systems for the improvement of the level of service of existing urban street and highway facilities. The research study concentrates on facilities, equipment, procedures and practices that are available for immediate implementation.
- Prepared in cooperation with Texas Highway Dept., Austin.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
- McCasland, W R
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Control; Electronics; Equipment; Freeway operations; Freeways; Highway operations; Highway traffic control; Level of service; Motorist aid systems; Ramps; Reconnaissance; Traffic; Traffic congestion; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic flow; Traffic signals; Traffic surveillance; Traffic surveys; Transportation operations; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic studies; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway user services
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00092496
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-18-72-165-18F Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1982 12:00AM