ROADS AND THE URBAN ENVIRONMENT
This publication contains the proceedings of a Symposium held in Madrid on October 14-16, 1974, with the objectives of: (I) exchanging the most recent research results in the field of traffic noise and vibration and presenting in-depth studies on noise abatement; (II) discussing the results of air pollution serveys and examining the orientation of future research in this area; (III) exchanging information on the economic and regulatory aspects involved; and (IV) considering the development and application of comprehensive environmental approaches when planning new roads and highways in urban areas. The proceedings consist of summaries of the 37 papers, discussions from the Symposium sessions, the reports of each session chairman, and general conclusions and recommendations of the Symposium. Various practical possibilities for reducing the secondary effects of roads and traffic on the urban environment were highlighted and the major areas and orientation for future research were identified.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development2001 L Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Conferences; Economics; Environmental impacts; Highways; Noise control; Regulations; Research; Roads; Traffic noise; Urban areas; Vibration
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Law; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00127575
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM