MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 6, NUMBER 12
This report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate each accident in-depth and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consists of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also PB-244 929.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 351 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash causes; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Crashes; Design standards; Drivers; Environment; Fatalities; Highways; Human characteristics; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Multidisciplinary teams; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle occupants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver characteristics; Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092494
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801 669
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM