THE APPLICATION OF BOILING WATER REACTORS IN VARIOUS SHIP TYPES, ADDITIONAL STUDIES
Data is presented on an investigation conducted on the feasibility and the economics of the application of the direct cycle boiling water reactor described in General Electric's Report No. GEAP-3295 in a variety of ship types and sizes. As a basis for an economic evaluation of the various applications, an oil-fired "conventional" counterpart of each nuclear-powered design was also developed and studied. Included as a special case is a single application of a pressurized water reactor to a passenger liner.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-6014.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated30 Church Street
New York City, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1960-7-30
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Engine efficiency; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Propulsion
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsive efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: N-6014
- Contract Numbers: MA-1806
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM