GUIDELINES FOR TRIP GENERATION ANALYSIS
The report documents the uses and techniques of trip generation analysis, a key variable in the urban transportation planning process. Three approaches to the subject are discussed: regression analysis; land area trip rate analysis; and cross-classification analysis. The report presents new techniques and statistical procedures brought to light in recent research and reevaluates data obtained from the analysis. The bibliography provides the most complete list of publications on the topic.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Guidelines; Highway traffic; Land use; Regression analysis; Socioeconomic factors; Statistical analysis; Traffic engineering; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Trip generation; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM