NS SAVANNAH DESIGN REVIEW OF PURIFICATION SYSTEM REPORT
The study's purpose is the evaluation of the adequacy of the design criteria, equipment, and method of control for reactor primary loop water purification. Excluded in the scope of this study is the design of the secondary system purification equipment, the demineralizer resin handling system, and the components selected for instrumentation and control. The report concludes that the purification system design is in accordance with good practice and may be expected to operate reliably. The following design changes are, however, recommended: 1) unitization of the demineralizer-filter system; 2) re-routing of the demineralizer bypass line; 3) addition downstream of filters of additional sampling connection; 4) installation upstream of the present demineralizers of high-flow rate cation units; 5) replacement of all inaccessible diaphram valves with electric valve operators; and 6) shielding of the effluent filters with a thick lead jacket.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-4a.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1960-3-11
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Filters; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor coolants; Nuclear reactors; Purification; Water quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Water purification
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026257
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESI-4a
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2475
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM