NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT STUDY. TASK 11S. IMPROVEMENT PLAN FOR PHYSICAL PLANT WITH ESTIMATED COSTS. VOLUME 1
The two-volume report describes the physical plant necessary to meet trip time goals and permit high speed train operations in the section of the Northeast Corridor between Washington, D.C. and New Haven, Connecticut. The cost of the physical improvements are estimated and an implementation schedule is presented in Volume 1. Facilities include track, bridges, tunnels, signals, communications, electrification and other items.
- See also report dated Apr 75, PB-243 420.
Bechtel IncorporatedGaithersburg, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sutcliffe, H
- Bailey, W
- Biss, D J
- Irvin, L A
- Livingston, F M
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 174 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bridges; Communication; Communications; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Estimating; High speed rail; High speed track; Improvements; Passenger trains; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad bridges; Railroad electrification; Railroad signals; Railroad tracks; Railroad tunnels; Rapid transit; Reconstruction; Scheduling; Traffic signal control systems; Transportation planning; Travel time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Communications management; Plant and equipment; Rapid transit railways; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00092486
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75-11S
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM