NS SAVANNAH, CONTAINMENT VESSEL PURGING AND REACTOR SPACE VENTILATION
A brief general description of the containment vessel and reactor space is provided in addition to an overview of the problem of leakage of radioactivity from the containment vessel. Both general and detailed descriptions of lower void and containment vessel purge ventilation under normal and emergency conditions are included.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-4-C.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationYorktown, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1960-7-14
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Radiation hazards; Safety; Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Containment vessels; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026256
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-1675
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM