ALCOHOL PUBLIC EDUCATION LITERATURE-ALCOHOL COUNTERMEASURES LITERATURE REVIEW
The author's review of literature on public information and education in the alcohol and highway safety countermeasures field covers materials furnished or published by these sources: (1) The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; (2) the Federal Alcohol Safety Action Projects; (3) the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism; (4) private sector organizations; (5) individual contributions. The main area of interest deals with the extensive public information and education which is a vital element in the control of the alcohol problem and the drinking driver. Unfortunately, the messages to be given and the approach to be used remain argumentative and controversial matters.
- See also report dated Jun 74, PB-237 175.
National Safety Council425 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL USA 60611
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Wagner, M H
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Alcohols; Behavior; Countermeasures; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Governments; Highway safety; Information management; Information organization; Performance; Performance measurement; Reviews; Traffic safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Public
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092478
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-657
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00965
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM