FUEL ELEMENT DEVELOPMENT FOR THE NS SAVANNAH--CORE 1
Irradiation testing is reported of fuel elements for the pressurized water reactor used as the power source for the N.S. Savannah. The objective of the tests was to obtain data sufficient to permit favorable engineering judgment as to the safety and soundness of the fuel element design with respect to materials, mechanical integrity, thermal capabilities, and core design capabilities over the expected lifetime. Photographs, comprising the bulk of the report, are included to illustrate some of the capsule experiments described.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-F. Presented at the 1960 Winter Meeting of the American Nuclear Society, San Francisco, California.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Weissert, L R
- Publication Date: 1960-12-14
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM