SOAC: STATE-OF-THE-ART CAR ENGINEERING TESTS AT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION HIGH SPEED GROUND TEST CENTER. FINAL TEST REPORT. VOLUME I. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND TEST SUMMARY
The six-volume report presents the technical methodology, data samples, and results of tests conducted on the SOAC on the Rail Transit Test Track at the High Speed Ground Test Center in Pueblo, Colorado during the period April to July 1973. The Test program comprises three areas: Vehicle testing, ways and structures testing and track geometry measurement. The objective of the SOAC program is to demonstrate the current state-of-the-art in rail rapid transit vehicle technology, with passenger convenience and operating efficiency as primary goals. In this series, Vol. I contains a description of the SOAC test program and vehicle, and a summary of the test results; Vol. II, Performance Test data; Vol. III, Ride Quality Test data; Vol. IV, Noise Test data; Vol. V, Structural, Voltage, and Radio Frequency Interference Test data; and Vol. VI a description of the Instrumentation system used for performance, ride quality and structural testing.
- Record URL:
- Paper copy also available in set of 6 reports as PB-244 746-SET, PC$28.00.
BOEING COMPANYSEATTLE, WA United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Commuter cars; Data collection; Design; Development; Interference; Light rail vehicles; Passenger cars; Passenger transportation; Performance tests; Quality assurance; Quality control; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Research; Sound level; Structural analysis; Structural design; Systems engineering; Testing; Tests; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car); Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Research and development; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways; Track quality
- Subject Areas: Design; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092464
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0025-75-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM