ESTIMATES OF THE SOCIOECONOMIC IMPACT OF IMPLEMENTATION TITLE II OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION AND COST SAVINGS ACT
Estimates are made of the first year effects of legislation regarding the gathering, analyzing, and disseminating to the public of information on the crashworthiness, damage susceptibility, ease of maintenance, and repair, and insurance costs of given makes and models of passenger cars. Volume one contains major findings. Two panels of experts, marketers and dealers estimated the effects on market shares of given make/models. Successive interrogations were made of each expert panel in an effort to obtain consensus estimates of the effects on gasoline and raw materials usage, dealer profit margins, costs of repair, and serious injuries and fatalities. Insurance effects and sociopolitical effect estimates were obtained.
- See also PB-244 733.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Morton, A S
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 266 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile insurance; Classification; Consumer protection; Consumers; Costs; Crashworthiness; Economic impacts; Estimates; Fatalities; Fuel consumption; Impacts; Industries; Information management; Information organization; Information systems; Injuries; Insurance; Interviewing; Laws; Legislation; Loss and damage; Maintainability; Maintenance management; Motor vehicles; Passenger vehicles; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Public opinion; Ratings; Socioeconomic factors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Energy; Finance; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00092461
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ADL-C-77121 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-641
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00888
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM