PASSENGER VEHICLE AND LIGHT-TRUCK BRAKING SYSTEMS INSPECTION EQUIPMENT. PHASE II, VOLUME I. SUMMARY REPORT
An inspection system was developed that is capable of detecting safety related brake system defects and degradations in passenger vehicles and light trucks. The inspection system consists of a low-speed high retarding chassis brake force dynamometer, a pedal force and displacement transducer, two hand held inspection control consoles, automatic data processing equipment, and inspection procedures. The brake inspection consists of performance tests and non-performance checks. The performance tests consist of static vehicle tests, such as for hydraulic leaks, and dynamic brake tests conducted on the chassis brake dynamometer. The non-performance checks include visual checks under the vehicle and under the hood and a series of checks requiring vehicle wheel removal.
- See also volume 2, HS-801 601, PB-244 703. Report for October 1973-January 1975.
Bendix Research Laboratories2800 Ten and One-Half Mile Road
Southfield, MI United States 48076
Washington, DC United States 20590
- KERANEN, T W
- Hemak, T J
- Sisson, A E
- Bounds, P
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Consoles; Control devices; Defects; Dynamic tests; Dynamometers; Information processing; Inspection; Motor vehicles; Passenger vehicles; Performance tests; Safety; Static tests; Transducers; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Degradation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092458
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BRL/TR-75-7610-Vol-1Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-602
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-090-2-477
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1989 12:00AM