RESEARCH SAFETY VEHICLE - PHASE I. VOLUME III
The volume includes the Section 4 (Vehicle Characterization) and 5 (Performance Specification) of the Final Report. The Vehicle Characterization is a qualitative overview (of the vehicle dimension which were the basis for the preliminary design), while the Performance Specification includes the requirements. The Performance Specification is subdivided by subjects. The main groups are: Active safety (crash avoidance); passive safety (crash energy management, primary occupant protection, and post-crash safety); functional performance (non-safety features). Some of the requirements are based solely on technical, biomechanical or other considerations that are not quantifiable by monetary terms. Other requirements are arrived at on the basis of benefit/cost analyses.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-244 633-SET, PC$38.00.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 636 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Benefit cost analysis; Collisions; Crash injury research; Design standards; Fatalities; Performance based specifications; Prevention; Protection; Quality of work; Research; Restraint systems; Safety; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Specifications; Traffic safety; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility; Safety features
- Old TRIS Terms: Occupant restraint
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00092446
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-626
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00843
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM