RESEARCH SAFETY VEHICLE - PHASE I. VOLUME II
The foundation for a research safety vehicle to the mid-1980's is described in this report. The current U.S. accident situation as well as the automobile usage trends have been carefully investigated and were projected to the mid-1980's. Benefit-cost-techniques and their applicability to automobile safety measures were considered and led to a benefit-cost-evaluation based on given cost consistent conditions. The decision for the optimal engine concept is based on a system-analysis for power plants which is included in this report.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-244 633-SET, PC$38.00.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 803 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Automobiles; Benefit cost analysis; Costs; Crash injury research; Crash rates; Crashes; Design; Design standards; Quality of work; Research; Safety; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Safety vehicles; Specifications; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092445
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-625
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00843
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM