NEAR-TERM SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS FOR MOTORCYCLES, PHASE II
Three aspects of motorcycle safety were further investigated, one exploring rider protection in side impacts and the other two relating to accident avoidance. The side impact study contains data and evaluation of eight instrumented crash tests of an automobile into a motorcycle with dummy rider. The other two studies were of tests for service life of control cables and for improving headlamp illumination.
- See also PB-227 055.
AMF IncorporatedAdvanced Systems Laboratory, 495 South Fairview Avenue
Goleta, CA USA 93017
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bartol, J A
- Livers, G D
- Miennert, R
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 197 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Braking; Collisions; Design standards; Headlamps; Impact tests; Lighting; Motorcycles; Motorcyclists; Prevention; Safety; Safety engineering; Structural design; Testing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00092437
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-653
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00815
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM