FABRICATION OF A STANDARD BENCH VEHICLE SEAT. VOLUME III. APPENDIX D
This report discusses a series of tests conducted on the DOT Standard Seat. These tests were conducted using several child restraint systems restrained to the bench seat by various 3-point automobile harness systems. Two different acceleration sled pulses were used in this study. The performance of the restraint systems under the different test conditions is given in tabular form.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-244 595-SET, PC$15.00.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- STALNAKER, R L
- BENSON, J B
- Melvin, J W
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 209 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Children; Crash injury research; Crashes; Energy absorption; Equipment tests; Manual safety belts; Research; Seats; Tests; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Sleds; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-BI-74-5-3 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-386
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00865
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM