NS SAVANNAH, DESIGN REVIEW OF MAIN PROPULSION PLANT AND AUXILIARIES
A design review of New York Shipbuilding Corporation diagrams and equipment specifications is covered to check flows, pressure drop, line sizes, piping design, control valve components, miscellaneous pump heads and capacities, extraction heaters, deaerator, and feed pumps as used in the various systems of the N.S. Savannah. In addition, a review was made of the main steam piping extraction lines, boiler feed piping and crossover steam piping for thermal stress conditions. Appendices comprise the bulk of the report, providing calculation sheets on main high-pressure steam piping, auxiliary circulating-water pump and auxiliary condenser, auxiliary steam piping, boiler feed system, main condenser circulating pump, main condenser and main lube oil cooler, makeup purification system, and high-pressure feedwater heater.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-12(c)(e)&(d)(j)-1.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1960-6-15
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Boilers; Electric power plants; Heat pipes; Nuclear powered ships; Steam; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler feed pumps; Power plant design; Steam piping
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026243
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2475
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM