RAPID TRANSIT TUNNEL DIMENSIONS IN THE UNITED STATES: A BRIEF SUMMARY
Inside dimensions and shapes of existing and planned rapid transit tunnels in the United States are identified. Included is a discussion of the factors involved in deriving the inside dimensions of a tunnel and methods of calculating circular tunnel diameters. Background information is provided for use in discussions concerning the need for standardization of tunnel dimensions.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Saulnier, G
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Car clearances (Railroads); Data collection; Design; Dimensional analysis; Factor analysis; Methodology; Rail transit facilities; Rapid transit; Size; Sizing apparatus; Standardization; Structural design; Subways; Surveys; Transportation planning; Tunneling; Tunnels; Vehicular tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Design criteria; Tunnel design
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Clearances
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00092430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-75-24 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM