NS SAVANNAH, DESIGN REVIEW OF PRIMARY SYSTEM EQUIPMENT, QUALITY CONTROL CONSIDERATIONS
Series of reports review quality control of primary system equipment on the N.S. Savannah and provide technical discussions, conclusions, and recommendations when applicable. The scope of this review entails: corrosion rates and maximum corrosion for the reactor and primary system; radiation effects on core materials, reactor vessel, and primary system piping; stress corrosion cracking in austenitic stainless steel piping and equipment; welding and stainless steel cladding procedures for the reactor vessel and primary loop to ensure against carbon migration and micro-fissures in weld heat-affected zones; calculations of the primary coolant; steam generator and pressurizer upgrading, and external force analysis on the steam drum and heat exchanger shells; and temperature limitations of primary system materials and components.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-17(a)(b)(c)(d)(e)(f) (g)-1.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1960-6-14
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Monitoring; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor coolants; Nuclear reactor cores; Quality control; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion monitoring; Welding techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026241
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESI-17 (g)-1
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2475
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM