MARKETING OF BARGE CARRYING VESSEL SERVICES
This report of Project Phase I presents a brief overview of barge carrying vessel (BCV) systems today, and summarizes the viewpoints of shippers regarding these systems. Results are presented based on a series of interviews with ocean carrier personnel, government personnel, and others familiar with the working of LASH and Seabee systems, and with shippers who have and who have not made use of them.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureCenter for Maritime Studies
Glen Cove, NY United States 11542
- Binkley, J
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Lashing; Market assessment
- Identifier Terms: Seabee Systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Lash
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127442
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-121 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4155
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM