UTILIZATION OF HEAVY LAYERED POLYMER COATINGS FOR PROTECTION AGAINST MARINE ENVIRONMENTS
Equipment requirements for heavy and multilayered coatings, using polymer powders to develop excellent protective coatings for static and dynamic applications of in-water systems, are presented. Various applications, design aspects, machinability, and surface preparations are outlined. The results of laboratory tests of components protected with the coatings for the resolution of some of the unique problems encountered in the marine environment are discussed.
- Prepared for SME Meeting, Cincinnati, Ohio, September 17-19, 1974.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers20501 Ford Road
Dearborn, MI United States 48128
- Perry, J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Corrosion; Polymers; Protective coatings; Surface preparation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Corrosive environments
- Old TRIS Terms: Polymer coatings
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00127431
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: FC74-571 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM