CONTRA COSTA COUNTY TRANSPORTATION NEEDS STUDY
This report describes and summarizes studies performed to identify public transportation needs and to develop a program for public transportation services in that part of Contra Costa County, California which is outside the existing AC Transit service district. The primary objective of this work was to develop a system that would (1) provide feeder service to the BART stations located in the study area and (2) provide service for local trips within the study area. The largest part of the study was devoted to evaluation of conventional fixed-route, fixed-schedule systems for both feeder and local services. Detailed analyses and projections to 1980 were made of future BART patronage from Contra Costa County to destination in San Francisco and Alameda counties and destinations within the County. Nine separate conventional bus systems were delineated. Conclusions are reached and some recommendations are put forth.
- Prepared in cooperation with Institute of Regional and Urban Studies.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60601
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Institute of Regional and Urban Studies,
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Pagination: 253 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bus lines; Counties; Data plotters; Economic forecasting; Evaluation; Feeder services; Forecasting; Needs assessment; Public transit; Regional planning; Regional transportation; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic projections; Projection
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092405
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-CA-09-0025-71-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM