URBAN CORRIDOR DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM MANHATTAN CBD-NORTH JERSEY CORRIDOR. JOINT USE PARK-AND-RIDE
The report summarizes the work performed for one of the five projects conducted in the Manhattan CBD-North Jersey Corridor under the Urban Corridor Demonstration Program. Information is given concerning the methods used to attempt a successful demonstration of the concept of using parking lots used for other activities as park-and-ride sites. Types of facilities investigated include shopping centers, drive-in theatres, and factories. Requirements for joint use park-and-ride facilities were determined and are presented.
- Record URL:
- Also pub. as Tri-State Regional Planning Commission, New York. Rept. no. TS-7910.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
Washington, DC United States 20590
New Jersey Turnpike AuthorityNew Brunswick, NJ United States
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey225 Park Avenue South, 18th Floor
New York, NY United States 10003-1604
Tri-State Regional Planning Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Central business districts; Demonstration projects; Industrial plants; Location; Methodology; Park and ride; Parking facilities; Passenger terminals; Peak hour traffic; Shopping centers; Theaters; Transportation corridors; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transit; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey; New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; Traffic peaks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00092399
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7778
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM