NS SAVANNAH, NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP DESIGN REVIEW OF MAIN CONTROL CONSOLE
Console arrangement drawings, onboard console and control room inspection, and inspection of a mock-up console were reviewed with respect to arrangement for time, motion, and psychological factors. Adequacy of instrumentation and control devices was studied via engineering flow and instrumentation schematic drawings. Functional operation of the instrument and control devices on the console was also investigated. Design handicaps and recommendations are presented.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-9-1.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1960-6-29
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Control panels; Nuclear powered ships; Ship operations; Ship pilotage
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESI-9-1
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2475
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM