NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT STUDY. TASK 5. ELECTRIFICATION
The report describes existing equipment and physical conditions within the Corridor. After establishing performance objectives and design standards for the upgrading of existing systems and the construction of new electrification facilities, it examines the voltage and frequency alternatives available and identifies the most cost-effective solution. Estimated costs, for each alternative are presented. Environmental aspects are referenced, alternative traction power supply and distribution systems are reviewed, and the status and dynamics of catenary systems are analyzed from first principles. The report closes with an economic analysis of the electrification alternatives.
- See also report on Task 1 dated Apr 75, PB-243 419.
Bechtel IncorporatedGaithersburg, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sutcliffe, H
- Williams, J S
- Thomet, M A
- White, D W
- Publication Date: 1975-5-16
- Pagination: 291 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Catenaries (Railroads); Design; Economic analysis; Environmental impacts; High speed rail; Improvements; Level of service; Passenger trains; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad electrification; Rapid transit; Train operations; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Services
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00092391
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BECHTEL-11023-5 Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM