ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES FOR THE MGCR CRITICAL FACILITY
Administrative procedures for the MGCR critical facility, established at the John Jay Hopkins Laboratory to perform experiments for the marine gas cooled reactor, are described for safety measures and precautions to insure the fulfillment of three requirements: personnel protection near the reactor and at the laboratory, safety of persons outside the laboratory, and prevention of damage to the facility. The organization responsibilities and procedures for the facility operation are presented as prescribed by law, AEC regulations, and General Atomic Regulations. Sections are detailed also on reactor operating staff qualifications, safety reports, operational memoranda, review procedures, posted rules, operational practices, General Atomic emergency procedures, and training program. Appendices include information on admitting and authorized entry lists; emergency notification list, checkout list, and persons who may authorize issuance of special nuclear material for experiments.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GAMD-1351.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Levine, S H
- Publication Date: 1960-5-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Personnel management; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026234
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GAMD-1351
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-187
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM