SPECIFICATION SYLLABUS FOR REFUELING NS SAVANNAH
A complete syllabus of a refueling program for the N.S. Savannah is presented, intended both as a basis for developing a detailed specification on which prospective refueling contractors may bid and as a guide in performing the refueling. A comprehensive breakdown of the refueling program is described along with a suggested method of organizing the final detailed specification. The refueling program outlined was planned after analyzing past shipboard refueling programs, the supplementary reactor servicing program being developed for the N.S. Savannah, and the refueling scheme contemplated by Babcock and Wilcox. The complete program outlined in this first of three volumes is divided into 12 Phases, each of which consists of a number of Tasks, which are in turn divided into Operations. Each of these are outlined. The bulk of the reports describes the organization of the refueling specification: the overall organization, the organization of the next volume, content of a task procedure, example of a task procedure, and task materials. Schedules of refueling tasks are included in an appendix.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number SPD-60-007.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Barr, W E
- Publication Date: 1960-2-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-60-007
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-338
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM