A STUDY OF SERVICING FACILITIES FOR NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIPS, FINAL REPORT
A servicing system, developed for the N.S. Savannah's nuclear power plant, is described and includes engineering studies, design work, and plan drafting; specifications for maintenance, refueling, and waste disposal; a list of equipment and tools necessary for refueling the pressurized water reactor; and similar and dissimilar characteristics of other reactor types. The system retains a reasonable degree of flexibility for adaptation to other nuclear merchant ships. Sufficient engineering and design information is furnished to formulate requests for bids on construction of maintenance, refueling, and waste disposal facilities.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number SPD-60-064.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Publication Date: 1960-6-30
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling; Waste disposal
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-60-064 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-338
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM