MULTIREGIONAL ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF ENERGY AND TRANSPORTATION POLICIES
The report presents a multiregional empirical analysis of energy and transportation. The study shows how the multiregional input-output (MRID) model for the United States can be used to analyze energy and transportation policies in general. A specific study deals with the economic interaction between electricity, coal, and freight transportation created by changes in the regional technologies of generating electricity as well as alterations in the interregional shipments of coal. Recommendations are given for extending the MRID data base and modifying the MRID model to increase its usefulness for the study of energy and transportation at the regional level.
- See also PB-244 587.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Urban Studies and Planning, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Department of TransportationOffice of Systems Analysis and Information, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Polenske, K R
- Levy, P F
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Coal mining; Economic development; Economic impacts; Economic policy; Electric power generation; Electric utilities; Electricity; Energy; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Federal government; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Input output models; Mathematical models; Natural gas; Passenger transportation; Petroleum industry; Policy; Policy making; Regional development; Regional economics; Regional transportation; Trade; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Economic policy making; Energy policies; Energy requirements; Federal policies; Fuel sources; Government policies; Multiregional models; Trade flows
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Policy; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 8
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30104
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM