UNIFORM TIRE QUALITY GRADING-TREADWEAR
The purpose of the treadware testing to determine vehicle reaction on the 8.55-15 SAE bias constructed standard traction tire. Two types of vehicles were used with different forms of suspensions as well as cross reference bias-belted set of tires to act as an index. All but one tire in one of the comparison groups failed and it would not seem that it would be possible to draw any valid conclusions as to the effect of vehicle reaction on wear rates on the SEA tire. Also route changes were made in an attempt to obtain a required wear percentage.
- See also report dated Apr 75, PB-241 638.
Compliance Testing IncorporatedP.O. Box 351
Ravenna, OH United States 44266
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Shearer, J
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability; Durability tests; Quality assurance; Quality control; Road tests; Service life; Tire treads; Tires; Traction; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092339
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-633
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-026-3-605
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM