DEVELOPMENT OF THE RAIL SAFETY INSPECTION PROGRAM. VOLUME II. FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
This Final Report, contained in two volumes, summarizes the results of a study which included an analysis of the present rail safety program, a review of similar governmental and private programs, the presentation of proposed alternative approaches to the inspection program, an analysis of the functional responsibilities of the organizations supporting the program, a projection of the staffing requirements to support the program and a description of the tasks required to implement the proposed improvements to the rail safety program. This volume, Findings and Recommendations, contains the main body of the Final Report including proposed methodologies for the enhancement of the FRA safety effort and the evaluation procedures for measuring the program's success.
- See also Volume 1, PB-244 275.
Young (Arthur) and CompanyBethesda, MD United States
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Feldman, S
- BECKER, H
- Mendenhall, G
- Coffey, J
- Publication Date: 1975-6-16
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Inspection; Legislation; Maintenance practices; Management; Programming (Planning); Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Management methods; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092321
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/RAD-75/1-Vol-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-53060
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM