DEVELOPMENT OF THE RAIL SAFETY INSPECTION PROGRAM. VOLUME I
This Final Report, contained in two volumes, summarizes the results of a study which included an analysis of the present rail safety program, a review of similar governmental and private programs, the presentation of proposed alternative approaches to the inspection program, an analysis of the functional responsibilities of the organizations supporting the program and a description of the tasks required to implement the proposed improvements to the rail safety program. This volume of the report, Executive Summary, summarizes the project team findings and recommendations and outlines executive action items or decision points which must be considered by top level FRA and DOT management.
- See also Volume 2, PB-244 276.
Young (Arthur) and CompanyBethesda, MD USA
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Feldman, S
- BECKER, H
- Mendenhall, G
- Coffey, J
- Publication Date: 1975-6-16
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Inspection; Legislation; Maintenance practices; Management; Programming (Planning); Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Management methods; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00092320
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/RAD-75/1-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-53060
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM